Legal Information & Policies
The information we collect
All services (including various other activities) of New Prospect Baptist Church, Cincinnati, OH are recorded. Images of the people attending or participating in the service (or other activity) may be used and shown in our media ministry outlets, and for other promotional purposes and commercial activities. By attending any service (or other activity) you agree to New Prospect Baptist Church, Cincinnati, OH using your image and personal information in these recordings.
The Church will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, and contact details so the Church can contact you. We may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from the Church, when you register for conferences or events, and when you participate in Church activities or complete other forms. The information collected may include some sensitive information (as defined by the Privacy Act), such as health information or information about your beliefs, relevant to the services or assistance you have requested from the Church. In the interests of security and safety, and the comfort of the Church community, the Church also operates video cameras within and around some Church premises.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services or the assistance you have requested.
Users can generally visit the Church website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they log on, place an order or register with us. The Church will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
How we use your information
- To establish and maintain your involvement with the Church, including providing you with newsletters;
- To provide the products or services you have requested from the Church;
- To answer your inquiry;
- To register you for events, conferences or promotions;
- To assist us to make the Church's sites, services and products more valuable to our community;
- For direct promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications;
- To third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to operate the Church and provide the products or services you have requested, such as religious education instructors, catering and event coordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants, and our professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances we may need to disclose sensitive information about you to third parties as part of the services you have requested; and
- To different parts of the Church to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve our general ability to assist Church attendees and the wider community.
The Church will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, the Church cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorized access or use of that information.